School suggestions for my profile

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

School suggestions for my profile

by bsandhyav » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am
Hi Linda

Request you to please go through my profile & suggest the schools that i should consider applying to

My Profile:

23 year old women MBA aspirant from India applying for FALL 2010

Academic Background:

GMAT-
1. Scores not Reportable--Oct08
2. 520 (Q41 V18)AWA:5--Dec08
3. 710 (Q49 V38) AWA:4.5--Sep09

Educational Qualification-BE (Electronics & Telecom),Mumbai University

GPA-3.25

Extra CurricularActivities-
As the Joint Cultural secretary of Student Council in college i was in charge of organising several techno-cultural events and raising funds for the needy. Was one of the contributors to making the college festival a part of the college tradition fighting all odds.
In addition to this one prizes in inter-college dance competitions & been an active sports person at college & school level.

Professional Background:
Work Experience- Currently 2 yrs, Will have 2yrs 10months(i.e almost 3yrs) by the time i join school in Aug 2010.

Quality of experience:
Joined a mid sized IT firm as a programmer trainee. Conscious Switch of career path from software development to Project Management. Worked as the Project Management Officer for a project which was in deep trouble at the time i joined. On successful completion i was promoted to the Project Management Office of an entire delivery unit consisting of 80 such projects within 4 months. Currently working in the Project Management Office for the North American Accounts and majorly responsible for ensuring process compliance & adherence and financial data analysis. (Though i work for a mid sized IT Firm (MNC), my job profile is more to do with general management and nothing to do with software development. Will i be considered a part of the dreaded Indian IT applicant pool?)

Extra Curriculars-
Active part of the CSR mwith a special focus towards children. Mentoring kids from the slums as a part of a mentorship program. Spend festivals like christmas & diwali performing special programs for street children and taken them for picnics. Part of tree plantation drives, clean up drives, environ mental awareness drives,etc.

MBA Aspirations:
Interested in doing an MBA in General Management from a university with good placements. An MBA would help me grow in my current role & give me the authority to take up larger responsibilities.

Could you please give me a lead to colleges i should consider applying to in the U.S. It would be of great help if u cld categorise them as safe, reach & ambitious.

Thanks a lot for the help in advance.