Sarrin monks

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Sarrin monks

by ankit0411 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 am
Sarrin monks practice the Pran meditation technique only when extremely damaging weather conditions confront the farming villages surrounding Sarrin monasteries. Pran meditation is a more highly disciplined form of the ritual meditation that the monks practice daily, and involves unique practices such as isolation and fasting.
Which of the statements below does NOT follow logically from the passage above?
(A) Some meditation practices are less disciplined than Pran meditation.
(B) Pran meditation among Sarrin monks does not take place according to a precisely regulated schedule.
(C) The ritual meditation that a typical Sarrin monk practices daily does not take place in an atmosphere of isolation.
(D) Monks practice some types of meditation in response to threats faced by the local population.
(E) The ritual meditation that Sarrin monks practice daily is largely undisciplined

OA to follow after some discussion . Please discuss each answer choice .
Don't predict future , create it !

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by adityag85 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:42 am
Choice analysis:
A) Follows from "Pran meditation is a more highly disciplined form ..." If Pran Med. is more highly disciplined there may be other forms that are less discipled
B) Refer Sentence 1: Pran Med. is followed ONLY in extremely damaging weather conditions which implies its not done regularly
C) Refer Sentence 2: Pran Meditation is different because it has unique practices such as Isolation implying Ritual Med. doesn't take place in isolation
D) Pran Meditation is one of the type of meditation that is performed in extremely damaging weather conditions in other words, in response to some threat
E) I believe this is the right answer. Too extreme when this option says "...largely indisciplined" . All that the passage says is Pran Med. is MORE highly discipled. To an extent we can safely assume, Ritual Med. isn't that highly discipled compared to Pran Med.

OA please!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by natali » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 am
ankit0411 wrote:Sarrin monks practice the Pran meditation technique only when extremely damaging weather conditions confront the farming villages surrounding Sarrin monasteries. Pran meditation is a more highly disciplined form of the ritual meditation that the monks practice daily, and involves unique practices such as isolation and fasting.
Which of the statements below does NOT follow logically from the passage above?
(A) Some meditation practices are less disciplined than Pran meditation.
(B) Pran meditation among Sarrin monks does not take place according to a precisely regulated schedule.
(C) The ritual meditation that a typical Sarrin monk practices daily does not take place in an atmosphere of isolation.
(D) Monks practice some types of meditation in response to threats faced by the local population.
(E) The ritual meditation that Sarrin monks practice daily is largely undisciplined

OA to follow after some discussion . Please discuss each answer choice .
E for me, i dont think A because some is something unsure for me so i rarely choose something with some, some is not all

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by ankit0411 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 pm
Indeed, the OA is E.
Don't predict future , create it !