Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:740

Request for Profile Evaluation

by vkb001 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:14 pm
Work Experience:
2 years by the end of June, 2011. I work for a big software company that is involved in high-technology. I worked as an intern in the same company for three months before graduating.

GMAT Score: 710 (Quantitative-49, Verbal-38), AWA-5.5/6

Education:

College: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Major: B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
GPA: 3.64/4.0
Year of Graduation: 2009

Extra-curricular activities:

During college - I was extensively involved in fine-arts. Won several events for my hostel. I served as the technical coordinator and president of Computer Science and Engineering Association (a student body) in two consecutive years. I organized an event in national level technical festival.
After college - I am now mastering photography. I have got several business ideas and working towards realizing them.

Post-MBA Goal: I am interested in General Management and business strategy. Would like to see some of my business ideas realize in an emerging market such as India.

I am considering applying for Fuqua, Ross, Stanford, Booth, Sloan, INSEAD, Kellogg, ISB and Tuck. Please advise.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Linda Abraham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 pm
vkb001 wrote:Work Experience:
2 years by the end of June, 2011. I work for a big software company that is involved in high-technology. I worked as an intern in the same company for three months before graduating.

GMAT Score: 710 (Quantitative-49, Verbal-38), AWA-5.5/6

Education:

College: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Major: B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
GPA: 3.64/4.0
Year of Graduation: 2009

Extra-curricular activities:

During college - I was extensively involved in fine-arts. Won several events for my hostel. I served as the technical coordinator and president of Computer Science and Engineering Association (a student body) in two consecutive years. I organized an event in national level technical festival.
After college - I am now mastering photography. I have got several business ideas and working towards realizing them.

Post-MBA Goal: I am interested in General Management and business strategy. Would like to see some of my business ideas realize in an emerging market such as India.

I am considering applying for Fuqua, Ross, Stanford, Booth, Sloan, INSEAD, Kellogg, ISB and Tuck. Please advise.
You have a competitive profile for Fuqua, Ross, ISB. I don't think you are competitive at Stanford and INSEAD. Booth, Sloan, Kellogg and Tuck are stretch programs. You have no safety programs on your list.

You might be interested in Over-representation and Diversity in MBA Admissions.

Best,
Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:740

by vkb001 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 pm
Thanks a lot, Linda. Can you please list one or two "safety programs" so that I know where to look?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Linda Abraham » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm
I would say that, UT, UNC, Kelley, or Babson (if you are interested in entrepreneurship) would be safety programs for you.

Best,
Linda
Linda Abraham
Accepted.com -- Helping You Write Your Best!
Accepted Blog
Accepted on Twitter
Accepted on Facebook