Request for Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for Evaluation

by tanvid » Fri May 20, 2011 12:17 am
Hi

Please help in evaluating my candidacy.
I have 5 yrs exp in IT industry, India and have a GMAT score of 660(Q50, V29). I got 81% overall in Engg and secured first rank in the final year.
I wish to continue in IT industry post my MBA.
Pl tell me what are my chances of getting into Ivey, Queens or York
Also are there any chances of scholarship.

thanks in advance

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Mon May 23, 2011 8:31 pm
Your score is right on the average for those accepted to your target schools. Your GPA is solid and your 5 years' experience will be a help. However, applicants to top schools have to go well beyond the metrics to gain acceptance. You will be competing against hundreds, even thousands of applicants with string GMAT scores and excellent IT backgrounds. You will need to convince the admissions committee that you would bring a strong and individual perspective to the classroom. IT people are often viewed as being sole producers rather than managers. If you have, in fact, supervised others be sure to indicate that in your essays. Outside activities that demonstrate leadership can also help.

Although you are qualified for the schools on your list, I recommend adding one or two "safety" schools. The top rated schools turns down several times as many qualified applicants as they accept.

Good luck,
Tani Wolff

by tanvid » Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 pm
Thanks Tani

Followed by:1 members

by ygm7 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 am
Illinois UC would be a good choice