Radio Telegraph

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Radio Telegraph

by vivekvijayan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:35 am
Just like the radio telegraph system, Guglielmo Marconi's invention, eliminated the need to erect poles for wired communication, the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking and improve reliability and productivity.

A. Just like the radio telegraph system, Guglielmo Marconi's invention, eliminated the need to erect poles for wired communication, the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking
B. Just as the radio telegraph system invented by Guglielmo Marconi, who eliminated the need to erect poles for wired communication, so the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking does
C. Like the radio telegraph system invented by Guglielmo Marconi eliminated the need to erect poles for wired communication, so the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking does
D. Just as the radio telegraph system, Guglielmo Marconi's invention, eliminated the need to erect poles for wired communication, so the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking does
E. As the radio telegraph system that was invented by Guglielmo Marconi eliminated the need to erect poles for wired communication, so the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking

OA D

In D how does the last word does. fit with the rest of the sentence. It seems a bit incongruous.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:36 am
vivekvijayan wrote: In D how does the last word does. fit with the rest of the sentence. It seems a bit incongruous.
D: Just as the radio telegraph system eliminated the need to erect poles, so the modern wireless solutions simplify installation requirements more than the conventional wired networking does.
D implies that ONE ACTION happened (the radio telegraph system eliminated) the same way a COMPARISON OF TWO ACTIONS happens (modern wireless solutions SIMPLIFY MORE THAN WIRED NETWORKING DOES).
Not logical.
I would ignore this SC.
What is the source?
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3