Questions for INSEAD MBA Alumni

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Questions for INSEAD MBA Alumni

by gotta_think » Tue May 06, 2008 7:07 pm
[color=green]
Hi, this question is for the INSEAD Alumni. I am a hopeful undergraduate who would like to take MBA when given the chance. I live in Singapore and there are only 3 schools that I am eyeing so far. NUS, NTU and INSEAD.

However, cost wise, INSEAD is very expensive for me. I am a breadwinner and I have monthly responsibility unfortunately. On the other hand, NUS and NTU are one of the top schools in Singapore and they are cheaper than INSEAD. However, I would like to hear from the Alumni who were in the same situation as I and had experienced the same dilemma that I am having right now. List of questions for you guys below. I apologize if there are quite a few but getting a feedback from an Alumni is really helpful to finalize my decision to sacrifice what I will get from my company for the sake of full-time MBA.

How was the life after graduation in INSEAD?

Was it unregrettable? how long before you are debt free (loans,living expenses)?

Did you pursue on getting a job in Singapore or outside the country?

Is there a big difference being a graduate of NUS/NTU and INSEAD?

How did you guys handle to speak to your employer and inform then that you will resign to pursue a full time MBA?

Did anyone here tried speaking to their employers that you will be on leave for a year to pursue MBA?

Again, thanks in Advance![/color]