Purple and Green Official Guides Review

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Purple and Green Official Guides Review

by gmattester » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:20 am
Can someone suggest me if I should go for orange color OG 11 or should I buy purple Verbal and Green Maths book.

Also to improve Maths what kind of book I should be looking for. Can someone tell me how is this Princeton Math Workout for GMAT.
Has anyone heard about this REA(Research &Education Association) for GMAT.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: Purple and Green Official Guides Review

by san123 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:51 am
gmattester wrote:Can someone suggest me if I should go for orange color OG 11 or should I buy purple Verbal and Green Maths book.

Also to improve Maths what kind of book I should be looking for. Can someone tell me how is this Princeton Math Workout for GMAT.
Has anyone heard about this REA(Research &Education Association) for GMAT.
Hai man,

Going through the stratagies on blogs and this forum, I have planned to start the prep with ARCO,Nova and Barrons(I planned to skim through this book.I mean the Math review. and then solve all the exercises). Then start going through the other two books and solvingthe exercises.

I do have Official Verbal review and OG 11,10. Am going through the Offcial Verbal review and the corresponding sample qns(300 of them). The OGs and the revies are "MUST" as I have read on many posts.

THe qns in the GMATprep software are from OG 11 as said in Official Verbal review. It notifies people from not using the OG before going through the tests (2 tests) that GMAT prep has. Its because it says that doing so can artificially inflate your scores due to familiarity with the questions.

Now the site www.mba.com says that theres no overlap between qns in OG 11 and the Verbal, Quant reviews.

SEE:https://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Tool ... iewNEW.htm

So It may be btter to go through these two books(The purple and green ones) before attemting tests on GMAT prep software.

Thanks
San