00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Publisher: I believe we will not publish any science fiction and fantasy novels this year for two reasons. The first is that the market for such novels is small compared to more mainstream genres. The second is that these genres' classics, the rights to which are owned by other publishing houses, constitute almost half of the sales in these two genres.

Author: the literary market is large enough so that even the remaining portion of the relatively small science fiction and fantasy market would justify publishing my novel.

Which of the following, if true, would contribute most to the publisher's claim?

a. Over the past decade, fantasy has become many children and teenagers' favorite genre.
b. The other half of the science fiction and fantasy market is characterized by thousands of titles which struggle over relatively few readers.
c. Publishing costs are very low and can be covered by sales of a few hundreds of copies.
d. Although the science fiction and fantasy market is small in comparison to that of mainstream genres, it is still a gigantic market with millions of readers.
e. In recent years, there has been a shift of readership from the classics to new and innovative writers.

OA B

Source: Economist Gmat