Prospects ( good/bad) doing an MBA from Australia ?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi All,
Please help me in deciding whether I shud opt for an MBA in Australia .How is it widely accepted, how are the placement opportunities?.. Please share all your views and suggestions . Why not many of them aim to do an mba degree from Australia?

Thanks
Senthil

MBA Admissions Consultant

by MBAPodcaster » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:25 am
One major value of getting your MBA whether it's in country X or Y is the people you'll meet and your network. That said, if you plan to work in Australia or do business there, getting an MBA in Australia would make sense.

If you want to get a job in Europe for example, perhaps that wouldn't make as much sense.

Also because of Australia's close proximity to Asia, many international students would come from that region very likely. Another thing to consider since these people will be in your network.
Janet
MBA Podcaster

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by goldenegg » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:54 am
You also get the opportunity to work in neighbouring countries and potentially farther. I know an IT exec who studied at Edith Cowan in Australia who got the chance to work in Sri Lanka, Australia and is now based in the UK. He is eyeing other parts of Europe too!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by suburban » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 pm
It's all about where you want to work after you graduate. If you are worried about prestige, look for the program's rank in some global MBA rankings.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shinigami » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:23 am
Can any one throw some light on...job opportunities in Australia after MBA???