Profile REVIEW!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:700

Profile REVIEW!

by Kaizermarks » Tue May 12, 2009 4:35 pm
I recently took the gmat and scored a 700. My goal is to attend one of the top 10 graduate schools. Will you please evaluate my profile based on the goal of wanting to go into non-profit arts administration post graduation?

Undergraduate included 2 years at a community college for my AA in Vocal Performance, I then attended a year at one of the top conservatories in the Untied States in this field. Along with my education I have had numerous professional opportunities during this tenure. I decided after my first year at the conservatory that being behind the scenes in administration rather than on stage played more to my strengths so I enrolled at a private university in Texas and got my bachelors with the intent on eventually getting my MBA. By matriculation I will have almost four years at a Big 4 accounting firm as well as my CPA. I am a male, white, married and 27. Most of my extracurricular activities are faith based or in the arts. Is this a competitive profile for a top 10 university?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 am
Your profile is competitive because you have a strong business background, great GMAT score and goals that are different than your average MBA applicant. You should round it out with extracurriculars/community service. Also remember that in addition to having a great profile, you must market yourself effectively to be a competitive applicant. Effective marketing includes writing strong essays, getting LORs from individuals who know you well, and conducting thorough background research on the programs you are interested in.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options