Profile evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation

by Unccstar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:53 pm
Hello all

I am planning to apply for the part-time MBA program in the University of Chicago and Kellogg this summer and was wondering, if someone could help me by evaluating my profile.

Bachelors in mechanical engg: 3.2
Masters in mechanical engg: 3.2
5 years of exp in a fortune 50 company
GMAT 1: 620
GMAT 2: 740

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740

by humblebee » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm
Based exclusively on the data you provided, you seem fine for the part-time programs at these schools.

Your GMAT is outstanding and your degrees are in engineering which explains the slightly lower GPA.

Just apply.

Don't really know what you're after in terms of a profile evaluation given how little info you shared.
wannabe business school consultant

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:27 members

by paulsbodine » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm
Unccstar,

Your GPAs are a concern but your GMAT score offsets them to some extent. You may want to build an 'alternate transcript' to compensate for the GPAs, especially if you have weak grades in any quantitative subjects. Leaving aside your GPA, I would need more info to gauge your chances, such as how much leadership you have at and outside of work. Feel free to send me your resume offline.
Paul Bodine
Author, "Great Applications for Business School," "Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance," "Perfect Phrases for Letters of Recommendation"
https://www.paulsbodine.com/
[email protected]
(858) 869-1959