Profile Evaluation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by viveklath » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:35 pm
Hi Stacy,

I am planning to apply for Fall 2007 at some of the top schools for strategy.

My academic credentials include a Bachelors in EE from Bombay University(Approx GPA 3.3) and a Masters in Comp Science from USC, LA (GPA 3.4). I got 690( v 37, m 48, 91 percentile) on my GMAT. I also went to Tuck school of business for a summer business bridge program in 2004.

Currently, I am working as a Team lead for Cannondale Associates, a marketing strategy consulting firm in CT. Apart from leading projects to create marketing strategies for top companies, my current role includes managing a department with 14 analysts. I have been with the company for little over 2 years and progressed from a junior analyst to a senior analyst and now to a team lead.

While in India, I was involved with quite a few extra curricular activities such as attempting to start a web portal during the dot com boom and organising music concerts.

Based on my profile above, do i stand a good chance with the top 10 or is it going to be a reach. Your response is most appreciated. Please let me know if you would like more information. Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:47 am
Bssed solely on the information you have supplied, it seems like you could be a bit of a stretch for the top schools.
- Your numbers are slightly below average
- Your work experience is solid, progression is good, but you have less than average amount of experience
- You do not appear to have current extra-curricular involvements

All of that said, you can probably be successful if you put together a great package with solid essays, strong recs and a stellar interview. You will want to emphasize focused career goals, and prior leadership experiences.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me