I would like your advice/feedback on
a)my profile (aiming to apply next year-2021)
b)any suggestion/criticism that you may have
c)what are the possibilities of making it to M7 with a GMAT score of 750(yet to take the exam).
d)Considering my profile which sounds as a more convincing reason for mba- switching to management consulting or switching to project management.
e)will my age be a hindrance to my application in top global MBA schools
Male, 30 years, Civil Engineer, India
Undergrad- B.Tech-2012 (National Institute of Technology, Tier 1 or 2 College)
CPI – 8.85 out of 10(Ranked 3rd in the class of 66)
GMAT- yet to take in July (Expected score 730+)
8yrs. Working in a Public Sector Enterprise( Govt of India Undertaking) which deals in Project Management & Consultancy in Engineering , Oil , Infra etc.
Company Experience: 3 promotions in 8 years. (Got last promotion in 3yrs against the usual min. Of 4 yrs)
1) Experience in Project Management and engineering consultancy (PMC) while leading different departments(Planning, Quality, execution, billing) in high stakes ($135Mi) project of Ministry of Defence.
2) Have designed non conventional structures for Aerospace sector clients
3) Varied experience - in contracts department and, design and execution of RCC and Steel structures in Steel Plant (PMC works in.$2.4Bi project)
1) Involved in framing of guidelines for construction workers (masonry) for Himachal Pradesh State Disaster Management Authority. The guidelines were subsequently implemented in the entire state of Himachal Pradesh.
2) headed cultural and technical clubs during annual cultural and technical festivals.
3) Training & Placement Coordinator for Civil Deptt. - 100% training and placement achieved.
4) Won numerous debate competitions
National/State/District level Achievements
1) Only student from my college to be Selected for Science Academys' (jointly held by the only 3 national Science Academies) Summer Research Fellowship 2011.
2) U-14 district level chess champion.(2009)
1) presently an educator in an online forum- I teach school students for free.
2) Have given monitory help and guidance to non executive employees helping some of them complete their education.
3) organise foodgrains and cooked meals donation camps to help labourers.
4) 2008-2012 Taught students from slums
Switch from technical consulting to Management Consulting/Project Management.
7 CATs FREE!If you earn 100 Forum Points
Engage in the Beat The GMAT forums to earn
100 points for $49 worth of Veritas practice GMATs FREEVERITAS PRACTICE GMAT EXAMSEarn 10 Points Per Post Earn 10 Points Per Thanks Earn 10 Points Per UpvoteREDEEM NOW