Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

Profile Evaluation Request

by shweta.aec » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 am
GMAT SCORE - 700 (Q 48 / V 37) AWA - 5.5
Target Schools - Mc Combs , NUS , ISB , SC Johnson, Anderson

WORK
---------------
Working in the software part of a telecom company (Fortune 15) for more than 3 years . Received 1 promotion, 4 awards for exemplary contribution in different projects and one certificate from the VP for the outstanding contribution in one of the biggest projects which helped the company both in terms of the money and also its hold on the telecom market.

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMET
-------------------------------------
Working with a group of professionals for almost 3 years now for teaching the underprivileged children from different streams of the society in a school

LEADERSHIP SKILLS
---------------------------------
Acted as a test lead in a group of 3-4 members for various projects. Have organised team builds for a team of 50 people. Have helped in organising various events in the company.Have hosted various shows for intercompany events.

COLLEGE
---------------------
Completed my BTech in Electronics and communication in 2007 (CGPA - 8.45 /10 ) . Was always among the top 2 students in the class and the batch. Held the responsibility as an editor of the College Science magazine. Was department representative and was responsible for voicing the opinions of the students to the faculty and the administration.

CONTRIBUTION TO DIVERSITY
-----------------------------------------
Memeber of the core committee of the employee engagement group for organising various diversity related events. Worked in co-ordinating almost all the events organised by the group for the company wide events.Have been an active member of the diversity council of the company.

WHY MBA
----------------
Interested in a job profile related to market analytics and in future would like to open my own marketing firm.

Please let me know my chances in my target schools

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:31 am
Hello,

From the information you've provided I consider your target schools to represent a good range of reasonable reaches (e.g., Anderson, ISB) and on-pars (e.g., Texas, Johnson). You appear to be a well-rounded applicant and with great applications should see some admits to your selected schools.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com

by shweta.aec » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am
Cindy,

Thanks a lot for the reply . I was like waiting so eagerly. Thanks a ton.

I forgot to mention that I took my first attempt just a month ago and got a score of 560 and retook it as I thought 560 doesnt define me and got 700 in the second attempt. Will that have a negative impact ?

Appreciate all the help!

Shweta

by cindytokumitsu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:50 am
Shweta,

Congratulations on the huge improvement in the GMAT! Having taken it 2x and gotten the 700 on the second try, I think that will be fine and not cause a problem.

Best regards,
Cindy

by shweta.aec » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:07 am
Thanks Cindy for all the help.