by vandanaj » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:48 pm
Hi!

I am Vandana,24 years old, from India.
GMAT : 710
GPA : 3.7
Education:
10th : 90.6%
13% : 83%
Undergrad : Bachelors in Technology, Computer Science Engineering.
Working since past 2 years at Bank of America Continuum Pvt. Ltd., as a Senior Technical Associate.
I have several certifications in finance related topics and have an award too for an outstanding performance.

I am halfway through Competent Communicator manual of Toastmasters International and have won few speech contests. I would be done with this manual by September end.

Volunteer Experience:
I am an active member of the volunteering arm of Bank of America, called Team Aspire in which we adopt schools for underprivileged adults and teach them ourselves. I also taught in a community school in Assam during last summer, for 15 days. Back in college, I co-founded Teach for Vellore, which works on similar grounds as Teach for America or Teach for India.

I want to pursue MBA (yet to decide between Finance and General Management) in 2017 and wish to know my chances. Wharton, Harvard and Stern Business School are my dream colleges. Apart from these, I have the below listed colleges in mind:
NUS Singapore
HEC Paris
Cornell
INSEAD
Columbia, NY
Booth
Haas
Rotterdam
Ross

Can you please help me here and help me list which all colleges I do have chance. Also, how I can make my application stand out.
Also, could you help me with my application process.
Could you also share some email id or some contact to get in touch with you.

Regards
Vandana

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:29 am
vandanaj wrote:Hi!
Hi Vandanaj! Thanks so much for reaching out to StratusPrep about your background. I will make some comments that I think can be helpful. Here's what is good- recognizable brand name work at BOA, interesting volunteer work with Teach for Vellore- especially if you can explain the impact that this group has had since you founded it. Obviously- things that could be strengthened would be the length of your work experience and that GMAT- which is still strong- but for the pool from India this will not stand apart. Being female will give you at least a full look. Are you applying this year? As I think that spending this year really articulating your WHY MBA, why certain schools as well as retaking GMAT could really prepare you to shine in the next year's application cycle.
As far as some of the schools you target- Harvard, Wharton, Stern and then these here:NUS Singapore
HEC Paris, Cornell, INSEAD, Columbia, NY, Booth, Haas, Rotterdam, Ross. Here are some thoughts- Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, Booth are going to be reaches if you apply this year. Even many of the others too. We'd be glad to do a more in-depth free profile review- and to do this go to this link https://stratusprep.com/free-consult/
What we can do is help you refine your career goals and also understand what is most compelling and unique about you. We can also help you reframe your volunteer work so that you highlight your impact and also highlight impact in your work. If you have questions- please feel free to PM me as well.

I am Vandana,24 years old, from India.
GMAT : 710
GPA : 3.7
Education:
10th : 90.6%
13% : 83%
Undergrad : Bachelors in Technology, Computer Science Engineering.
Working since past 2 years at Bank of America Continuum Pvt. Ltd., as a Senior Technical Associate.
I have several certifications in finance related topics and have an award too for an outstanding performance.

I am halfway through Competent Communicator manual of Toastmasters International and have won few speech contests. I would be done with this manual by September end.

Volunteer Experience:
I am an active member of the volunteering arm of Bank of America, called Team Aspire in which we adopt schools for underprivileged adults and teach them ourselves. I also taught in a community school in Assam during last summer, for 15 days. Back in college, I co-founded Teach for Vellore, which works on similar grounds as Teach for America or Teach for India.

I want to pursue MBA (yet to decide between Finance and General Management) in 2017 and wish to know my chances. Wharton, Harvard and Stern Business School are my dream colleges. Apart from these, I have the below listed colleges in mind:
NUS Singapore
HEC Paris
Cornell
INSEAD
Columbia, NY
Booth
Haas
Rotterdam
Ross

Can you please help me here and help me list which all colleges I do have chance. Also, how I can make my application stand out.
Also, could you help me with my application process.
Could you also share some email id or some contact to get in touch with you.

Regards
Vandana