Profile Evaluation Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by KenanGarrett » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:48 pm
Greetings! I just left the testing center, wherein I received my unofficial report with the above breakdown: Q47, V39, IR7, putting me in the 89th percentile with a 700.

Looking to apply to Harvard, Stanford, and UCLA.

White, Male, 27 years old

Undergraduate: Honors Bachelors in Chemistry, 4.0 GPA (June 2011)

Current Work Experience:

Actor, 5 years, Hollywood - Current face of Lay's Chips, roles on Days of Our Lives, My Crazy Ex, performance on The Ellen Show playing classical piano while blindfolded and hula-hooping, national KIA and Nike commercials, within top 10% earners of the actor's union SAG-AFTRA. Also have credits on films as a composer.

Tutor, 3 years, Hollywood - Owner of my own small tutoring business
Co-Owner and Manager of Indie Production Sound Stage (4,000 sq. ft. warehouse for filming) - less than 1 year

Hobbies: Ballet (2x per week), Classical Piano (every day) , Martial Arts

Languages: English, Mandarin

Goals: Focus MBA on entertainment industry, international relations (with China), or both. It would be wonderful to work as a studio head and help design better models for tackling the new wave of streaming media, as well as ways to improve the currently declining conditions for performers.

Thank you!

-Kenan

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue May 03, 2016 10:09 pm
wow, you might be one of the more unusual candidates applying next year, which is a good thing. Obviously I think UCLA Anderson is a great fit. Go and visit if you have not done so already. HS will also like your non traditional profile, but things will always be tougher applying to those schools. Really look at where you have made real impact.

You are obviously smart (4.0 chemistry is very good), if you think a GMAT retake could push the score up 30+ points, then that might help with HS. Probably the biggest piece of advice though, work HARD on those goals. really figure out a clear path going forward, over the next few months. That will really help your narrative for your essays. Good luck. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/