Profile Evaluation Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by jcvlds » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 pm
Greetings!

This is a semi-profile evaluation as I will post most of my current attributes. However, I have not yet taken my GMAT but have been studying for 2 months and will take the exam in 1 month and a half. For that part of the evaluation, it would be helpful to receive feedback on what my target score should be. I appreciate the help and feedback!

I am a Mexican-American, Hispanic; Although I was born in the US, I lived in Mexico for 15 years of my life in the city from which my parents are from. I later moved to the US and finished high school and attended Texas A&M University. I am currently a Master's student at Texas A&M University. I received my undergraduate bachelor's degree in Information and Operations Management here at Texas A&M as well and enrolled in the MS-MIS Masters program right away. I will be graduating this May 2014 and I am actually wanting to apply to the final rounds of the deferred admissions program (2+2) for several top schools.

It has been my goal to attend top business schools for my MBA such as Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Sloan, Kellogg, Booth, etc.

My undergraduate (Major) GPA was a 3.8, and an (Overall) 3.53 GPA.
My current GPA for my MS is a 4.0

During my undergrad I had 2 internship opportunities, one at a leading electrical distributor's IT department in their ITLP (Information Technology Leadership Program) and another at KPMG in their Technology Advisory Services.
I have accepted this past semester a full-time job starting in September with Deloitte Consulting.

During my undergrad I was involved in several extracurricular organizations and was an officer in my most active one, Latin Economics and Business Association. During my MS year's I began a Consulting Club and have been the President of that organization for 2 semesters. I am also working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant for the Department of Information and Operations Management at my school.

Also, during my undergrad I was able to go study abroad to a top-Asian business school, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, for 6 months. I took 4 classes and achieved a 3.83 GPA that semester.

On top of all that, I am an outgoing person with interests in business, music, tech, and cinema. I like hanging out with friends and like to give back to the community through volunteering services. During my internships in the summer I volunteered at local food banks and children's clubs. I have also just bought and finalized plans to spend this summer (my last) in Panama volunteering at an orphanage near Panama City for 3 months.

As I said, I am taking the GMAT in about a month and a half and will apply to the final rounds of the deferred programs. Considering my background, do I have a shot at these top schools, and if so, what GMAT would most be beneficial to my application? Also, what would be the least GMAT score that I could score that would still allow me to have a shot?

Thank you for your time and consideration, I am looking forward to a response!