Profile evaluation request (Part time MBA)

Launched August 9, 2011
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation request (Part time MBA)

by jchung402 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:30 pm
Thank you in advance for taking the time to review my profile.
Please review my thoughts and backgrounds below and advise.

General Information
1. Age - 31
2. GMAT - 700
3. BSBA from Top 30 school in the U.S.
4. GPA - 2.9
5. Working experience - 5 years
6. Goal - In short-term, I plan to continue to stay within my current industry and gain experiences. The long-term plan is to source capitals and launch my own fund.
7. Target program platform- Due to a personal issue, I am only looking for a part-time program. I am willing to travel to out of state weekend program if admitted.
8. Certificate/License - Passed CFA Level 1 exam. I plan to pass it all remaining levels as soon as possible.

Work experience (not sure how much details you will need):
I have worked in the commercial real estate investment industry since my graduation. I am currently a senior analyst in mid-size investment firm.
I do portfolio management aspect of the investment and focus on performing quantitative analyses on our portfolio. I plan to continue honing my skill sets and learn more from MBA program so I can launch a quant-driven investment fund in the commercial real estate market.

Low GPA:
I had worked 40+ hours/week in my first two years in college. I had to work while I was studying to help my family to go through the mortgage crisis.
I was able to reduce my part-time/tutoring hours a lot by the time I entered the junior year, and my report card shows clear improvements since then.
I am planning to use an option essay, if available, to explain the situations I was in and show things I have learned and how I had improved my grades dramatically as I was able to focus in my school more.

Target schools:
* Emory, Stern, Booth (All part-time platform - I am open to relocation so weekday and weekend are both an option.)

I would greatly appreciate any comments and thoughts.

Thank you,