Profile evaluation please...

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile evaluation please...

by atulvyas123 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 am
I want you to evaluate my profile for R2. Target schools are Harvard, Stanford, Wharton & Columbia. Thanks in advance!!!

Education:
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering 2003-2007 7.22/10 (Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee)
Passed CFA Level 2

Work Experience:
2007-Jan 2009 : Joined Reliance Industries as a Rotary Vibration Analyst in Central Engineering for operations & maintenance. On multiple occasions lead team of 8-10 taking in charge of plant overhaul & shutdown projects. High pressure & quick decision making a big part of the job. Got promoted after one year.

I developed an interest in finance, I finished my CFA L1 and resigned to break into finance field. Had to be free for 7 months during which I also competed CFA L2, was determined to follow my wish and break into finance.

Nov 2009-Current: Joined CRISIL as a Derivatives Analyst. Moved to New York after few months and for last 2.5 yrs worked closely with the flow trading desk for one of the European investment bank. Got promoted after completing 2 years. Developed and trained an offshore support team which received great acclaim.
Helped the company develop a learning methodology to cut back costs in the constant onsite inflow of new trainees.

Total Experience: 4 years 7 months

Extra curriculars: Run awareness program for school students and schools in my hometown area in rural India for the proficieny in spoken english for making students prepare for the current world.
won prizes in photography at college level.
Acted, directed plays at college level.

Strenght looking to highlight: Working towards the thing that I want to do in spite of the hazards and risks.

GMAT: 740
Quant-50, Verbal-40

Post MBA- move to the portfolio and fund management and utilize the financial product experience earned in work ex and CFA.

Please share your views...thanks a ton in advance

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 am
Hi atulvyas123,

Thanks for reaching out to me directly at Stratus Prep about collaborating on your applications. Since we have already discussed my thoughts on your profile and our specific gameplan moving forward, I will not also share my strategic guidance here.

Looking forward to working together,
Shawn
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.