Profile Evaluation: Help Please!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation: Help Please!

by Bruce79 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:58 pm
I graduated from a top 15 undergraduate business program in the U.S. with honors and distinction, and I have two years of work experience as a business technology consultant at Deloitte Consulting. I recently took the GMAT test and got a score of 740. I'm wondering what my chances are for getting accepted into a first-tier MBA program. Also, which schools should I focus on for my application? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some additional details about my background: I double-majored in finance and accounting and had both mathematics and economics as my undergraduate minors. I took 152 credit hours of courses within four years and passed the CPA exam. My college GPA is 3.76, which I believe is a bit low. I also had some experience interning with a small online brokerage firm in the past.

Many thanks!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:27 am
Hi Bruce79,
Congratulations for getting such a high GMAT score. I must say your profile is really impressive. But, to exactly comment on your chances of getting in a first-tier B-School, we will need more information. Your strong academic performance would help you for your target B-School. But, admission committee also look for people who have demonstrated leadership ability in the past. You would have to grill through your past where you have worked as a team lead or taken initiatives.
You would also need to write application essays which shows your ability to introspect and communicate your point of view. It helps the admissions team to judge how you view yourself, your personal values and competencies.

Best of luck!
www.InterviewBay.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Vendetta » Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 am
Hi Bruce,

You have robust profile, the strong areas in your profile are good GMAT, remarkable corporate exposure along with international exposure. As per your profile and GMAT score I would recommend you to target HBS, Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton, UCLA, Duke and Ross Business School. As the average GMAT Score for these B Schools fall in between 700-790 range. Visit https://tinyurl.com/acrp3n7 to try your chances for top b-schools.

You are in perfect stage of career and around 3-4 years of average work experience is what most B Schools look for, the next step is to cleverly prepare for questions like rationale behind applying for a specific B school and focus more on application essays, recommendations and interview preparation.

Feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.

Cheers!!
Bruce79 wrote:I graduated from a top 15 undergraduate business program in the U.S. with honors and distinction, and I have two years of work experience as a business technology consultant at Deloitte Consulting. I recently took the GMAT test and got a score of 740. I'm wondering what my chances are for getting accepted into a first-tier MBA program. Also, which schools should I focus on for my application? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some additional details about my background: I double-majored in finance and accounting and had both mathematics and economics as my undergraduate minors. I took 152 credit hours of courses within four years and passed the CPA exam. My college GPA is 3.76, which I believe is a bit low. I also had some experience interning with a small online brokerage firm in the past.

Many thanks!