profile evaluation - help needed!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710

profile evaluation - help needed!

by k_abhi19 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:18 pm
Hello!

I am Abhinandan (Male, 24yrs) I appeared for GMAT on 27th sep 08 and got 710(Q50,V35). I have been working with major IT firm since July 06, first 7 months worked in operations (resource management and utilisation).. since Jan07 have been working in SAP domain as a technical consultant for an international project.. Recently got promoted.. and was selected for a fast track program of the company...
I did my BE in Comp Sc (june06) from decent university and college (tier2) of INDIA and scored 72%. got 77% in HSC(12th) and 68% in SSC(10th)..
I have participated in various national and state level singing competitions and also recorded an album with a local band as the lead vocalist last year...

I am planning to apply to ISB, Cornell, Simon, Cox, McCombs and Madison.. please tell me what chances I have in these schools and suggest me some more colleges where I should apply.
Thanks in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:06 pm
Dear Abhinandan,

I think you have a shot at those programs. If you have spent much time on the forum, you know what a challenging year this will be, especially for Indian applicants. Your profile is quite common, so you need to find a way to distinguish yourself from the applicant pool and present a compelling application. If you want to hedge your bets, you might consider adding a safety option to your list. This would be a school in the top 35-50 range.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me