Profile Evaluation, different profile

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation, different profile

by KaranTiwari » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am
Hello,

I am a recent BS(Finance) graduate from Murray State University (2012) applying to MBA for Fall 2013. My GMAT score is 620 (Q:45, V:30) and have a undergraduate GPA of 3.54/4.00. I also hold a Diploma or Associates degree in Hotel Management from India and have2 years work experience in hospitality industry after obtaining my associates degree. Since my graduation, I have been volunteering with a global non-profit organization based in Boston. I have been on the Dean's list a few times and have also volunteered at SIFE/Encartus during undergraduate studies. I was also a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Beta Alpha Psi. Some of the schools I have been targeting are:

- Northeastern University
- Lehigh University
- University of Missouri
- UMass Amherst
- UMass Boston
- RIT
- North Carolina State University.

What are my chance of getting through in these colleges? Are there any other potential colleges I can target? Also, what is the possibility of getting any scholarship at these programs? I would really appreciate any feedback since my profile is slightly different from a normal applicant.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 pm
HI KaranTiwari and thanks for your post.
Your profile is a bit different than what we usually see. I would advise that you should absolutely do the research before you apply, and research broadly. You should target programs that would accept applicants with your work experience, as well as your undergraduate degree and that are strong in the hospitality industry, if that is your target. Honestly, the websites of the programs, as well as a phone call to the admissions offices may help you define your list more and really determine whether you are a good fit based on the program strength and your profile.
Feel free to check out our blogsite for information as well as general guidelines for applicants.
Best,
Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit