Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Eval

by harianirav » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:07 am
Hello,
Nirav from India here.
Brief Profile:
10th- 89%
12th- 82%
MBA(Tech) from NMIMS...it is a dual degree program (B.Tech in telecommunications + MBA in Operations) (2007-2012)

APICS CPIM-BSCM
Six Sigma Green Belt
CAPM
CCNA

Working as a Global Supply Chain Analyst with Alliance Tire Group www.atgtire.com since May'12.

4-month management internship experience with Tata Chemicals Ltd., with broad exposure in Supply Chain Optimization, Procurement, Quality Management and Automation.

5-months (3+2) internship with Reliance Communications and Syndrome Technologies in networking domain.

extra curricular activities include sports where i have captained my school and junior college team and played for Mumbai Cricket Association(Thane division) U-14 and U-16....Football where i have played for my college...Music (keyboard and harmonium)...also been part of organizing committee of college festival in lan gaming and food & beverages dept.

I wish to pursue one year masters in Supply Chain and Logistics from FT top 50 b-schools like sloans, london business school, rotterdam, cranfield etc. I still havent appeared for GMAT but i know i will require a score of 700+. So by next fall when admissions start, I will have a cumulative experience of 2 years approx (1.5 in supply chain)

I wish to know, considering my profile, am i eligible for these one year masters courses? or m I overqualified and should gain a bit more experience and then apply for MBA?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by mbaMissionBrianE » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 am
Hello harianirav, thanks for your question.

My main question to you centers on need. Since you already have an MBA in operations, why exactly do you need a Masters in Supply Chain and Logistics? I am more familiar with MBA programs than with this kind of master's program, so I encourage you to spend some time on those web sites to ascertain your eligibility.

In terms of pursuing another MBA: Assuming programs are amenable, the biggest question you will have to answer is why exactly do you need a second MBA? What specifically are you looking to get out of it that you didn't get from your first one? And, why didn't you get that out of your first one? I think that would be question #1 for any adcom looking at your profile.

Of course, I'm not sure all programs look at applicants who already have MBAs. I would confirm with each program you are interested in just to be safe!

Hope this helps!

Best of luck,
Brian
Brian Eng
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php