Probable b-schools as per my profile

Launched August 9, 2011
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Probable b-schools as per my profile

by hrishi2805 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 am
Hello,

Please suggest b-schools in US of A for a general management program suitable for my profile.

Academics:
GMAT: 680 (Q46, V38)

Undergrad: BE- Computer Science
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology
Mumbai University
Aggregate: 70%

H.S.C: 87.67% (PCM: 94%)
S.S.C: 89.73% (1st in school)
School class topper

Work Experience:
- 26 months experience as a Business Technology Analyst in Technology Consulting at Deloitte Consulting, Mumbai.
- Currently working on a project related to the Consumer and Industrial products as a J D Edwards Developer. Built and tested Oracle JD Edwards reports and applications as part of a huge application requested by the client.

Leadership/Community Involvement:

- Active core committee member of Aadhaar, a community initiative at Deloitte. As part of Aadhaar, I undertook the following activities:
"¢ Ideated and led an initiative to spread awareness about personal hygiene at the slum areas of Kalwa, Mumbai, alongwith an NGO called REAP. We had organized street plays followed by a medical health check - up camp with the help of an NGO called Umang Foundation.
- Led an initiative on Greening at three different slum areas in Mumbai, together with an NGO called REAP.
- As a part of the Junior Achievement(Junior Achievement works with local businesses and organizations to deliver experiential programs on the topics of financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship to students in kindergarten through high school.) team, taught basics of banking and introduction to different career options to 6th standard kids in a nearby school.

Certifications:
- Completed Harvard Certification on Leadership & Management Skills, Deloitte.

Awards :
- 'Applause' Award for excellent commitment to client

Extra-Curricular Activities:
1. Secured Government Scholarship in 7th std.(2002)
2. Was appointed House-Captain of my school in 9th std.(2004)
3. Passed Intermediate Drawing examination in 9th std.(2004)
4. Completed Road Safety Patrol Course during 2001-03.
5. Received Certificate of Appreciation from Rotary Club of Mumbai(Dahisar) for standing 1st in
SSC examination in school.
6. Was one of the finalists in the 50 rupee venture organized by the Entrepreneurship - cell of our college.
7. Actively participated in IMPETUS- Business Ideation Workshop.
8. Volunteered for IEEE colloquium 2008 .
9. Represented my college in a Dance Competition for Group Dance in its Cultural Festival 2009.
10. Secured 2nd prize in IEEE 360 Autonomous Robotics competition 2009.
11. Organised workshops,seminars,one-day Industrial Visits and 9-day Trip cum Industrial Visit as
a part of the IEEE committee 2009-10.
12. Organised the Technical Festival of our college "NIRMAAN 2009" as part of technical festival
committee.

13. Participated in Autonomous Line Follower competition in IEEE 360 2010.
14. I have been an IEEE student member for 3 years.

15. Started a small venture(t-shirt brand "Annanymous") in partnership with fellow classmates in 2009. We were selected in the top 30 start-ups by the National Entrepreneurship Network(NEN) India in 2010.

17. Active participant in sports like football,cricket and athletics(running 100m and relay 400m) at college level. I pursue Parkour as a hobby.

POSTS HELD IN COLLEGE

1. Head of Finance for the college technical festival "NIRMAAN 2009".
2. Treasurer for the IEEE committee 2009-10.

I would need decent scholarship funding to pursue my MBA. So, please suggest schools which are known for granting good scholarships. I plan to apply in the first cycle, so that the chances of getting scholarship are higher.