Prepared yet low score..another attempt in 2 months time

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I had prepared for two months and during preparation i was doing pretty decent. I solved the whole of OG 13th review edition along with kaplan materials and some tutorials i got from TIME where i attended classes. I was hoping that it will turn out well but it went horribly wrong a pathetic 420 was my score. My quant section went kinda ok scaled score being 36 but verbal was horrendous scaled score was only 15. I am attempting my exam again in another 2 months time and focussing more on verbal. But i would like to receive some valuable inputs and strategies to crack it this time and cross the 650 barrier. Please help.

Thanks,
Vaisakh

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ubus » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:28 am
Hi Vaisakh,

Although I am yet to give my test, I was in similar situation with Verbal.
Two thing that have helped me pull myself from a 22 to a 34 and maintaining at 34 are the e-gmat online course and Manhattan Gmat SC ( SC was my biggest weakness, I could never get more than 5 out of 15 correct)
Also grockit is a great place to practice in case you have only short breaks at work to practice.

Wish you all the best.....

br

Subu

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:19 am
I typically suggest that students achieve their target score on at least 2 practices tests before they take the official test. What were your results of your GMATPrep practice tests (https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/download-fr ... tware.aspx)?

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com