Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Prep and Self-Study

by joel66 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:48 am
I was on the website and curious what is the different between both products:

The Manhattan GMAT Complete Prep Set $224.00
Guided Self-Study Prep $590.00

It appears the only difference is the self-study has the "Private Phone Sessions (2 sessions, 1/2 hour each)" and online labs. Both seem to have practice exams and question banks. also, on the complete prep for $224.00, I take it you can use the "Guided Self-Study Course Syllabus?"

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:14 am
Hi joel66,

The main difference between the two packages is that the Guided Self Study Prep Package comes with the Manhattan GMAT Curriculum and the Complete Prep Set does not. This means that the course syllabus, online labs, two 1/2-hour office hour sessions, study organizer, official guide tracker, GMAT Write coupon, and other online resources (save for the practice exams and question banks) can only be accessed with the Guided Self Study Prep Package.

The Complete Prep Set comes just with 8 Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guides, all 3 Official Guides, Test Simulation Booklet, Stopwatch, 6 CAT Exams, and 8 Online Question Banks. Hence, if you think you need guidance for using the materials that come with the Complete Prep Set, you should upgrade to the Guided Self Study Prep Package, since it goes much further into the overall Manhattan GMAT curriculum.

Keep in mind, you can always upgrade at any time, so if you buy the Complete Prep Set and find out that you need more guidance, you upgrade by paying the difference between the Guided Self Study Price and what you paid for the Complete Prep Set.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by joel66 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:20 am
Would I be able to copy the "Guided Self-Study Course Syllabus" and just follow the steps on that syllabus for the 8 MGMAT and 3OG books? I can't see spending 300 additional dollars for 2 1/2 months of studying.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:04 am
Hi joel66,

We offer a free version of our course syllabus (PDF) that's available on our website, or by clicking the previous link.

If you want something more detailed, however, you would need to purchase the Self-Study Package. However, it seems like the above syllabus will suit your needs.

Good luck studying! Be sure to let us know you like the materials!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628