Pre-Experience Programs

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Pre-Experience Programs

by shah1994 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm
Hello,

I want to inquire about my my chances of getting into the following programs: MFE at Oxford, Mfin at LSE and MIT and MFA at LBS.
My details are as follows:
1-I am currently in the last year of my undergraduate in the top business school in Pakistan, majoring in Accounting and Finance along with a minor in Mathematics.
2-I recently took the CFA level 1 exam as well and hope to clear it.
3-My CGPA is 3.632/4
4-My GMAT score is 720 (Q48,V40)
5-I have interned at Ernst and Young and the Central Bank of Pakistan (State Bank of Pakistan).
6-I have participated in numerous extracurricular activities throughout my life and done some volunteer work as well.
7-I also have around 6 months of experience in research, although no publication is in the pipeline.

Moreover, I would also like you to tell me if there are other programs that I should apply to.

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:07 pm
Hi Shah,
These are pretty diverse programs, and without knowing your goals from the experience and where you're heading post-Masters, it would be hard for me to assess your "fit" with these programs. Strictly in terms of numbers, you look good -- great GMAT, solid GPA. So probably your best bet, given the amount of material that would need to be assessed, would be to have a one-on-one with one of our intake consultants, and let us look more closely into your inquiry.

Best wishes,
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shah1994 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:05 pm
Thanks for replying. Exactly how can I get in touch with on of the intake counsellors?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 am
Hi Shah,
Absolutely! You can sign for a completely free consultation with one of our all-star advisors at: https://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/. We can answer questions, provide advice and help set you up to make your MBA dreams come true in 2017.

Best wishes,
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me