plzz let me know

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

plzz let me know

by sans074u » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 pm
hi,

Iam a student from india with 70% im my undergrad..i.e 3.0 gpa..
but only summer employement experience..with a gmat score of 600..i want to take my admission in 2nd tier u.s colleges...plzz suggest me by clearly observing my following credentials and extra curricular activities
depecting my leadership qualities.

Professional Certifications:

1.HP certified System and Network Administrator (SNA-1).

2. EMC Proven Associate (EMCPA) in “Information Storage and Management”.
Activities

Conferences
:
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADVANCED COMPUTING,TRICHY.
Competitions:

COMBLAZE(WON A PAPER PRESENTATION COMPETITION AMONG 120 PAPERS.)

1.PRIZE WINNING PAPERS ON CLUSTER COMPUTING,NON RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES

Projects:

1.Implemented a communication skills club in the college..

Extra curricular:

1.Planned and divided commitees and lead the whole "Annual week celebrations of school and college

2.HOSTED and ORGANISED EVERY FUNCTION,SEMINAR HELD IN COLLEGE.

3.Actively participated in “STORAGE TECHNOLOGY SEMINARS “ by EMC2.

4.Led the publicity committee of NCACC (National Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication).

CAREER HIGHLIGTS: 1.SCORED 93% ..ALL INDIA TOP SCORE IN EMC2 CERTIFICATION TEST
Attachments
K santhosh reddy.doc
(47 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:44 am
Thank you for your question. I'm not really sure if you're asking me to suggest schools that I think you would be competitive at, but I don't feel I know enough about you to do that effectively. Instead let me give you some general observations.

With a low GPA, low GMAT, and no work experience, gaining admission to any business school will be quite challenging at this point. This point is especially true given your demographic, which is an extremely competitive one, and given how competitive business school admissions are. While your technical abilities seem quite strong, and your college activities are varied and demonstrate initiative and leadership, I am not sure at this time that they are sufficient to offset the academics and work experience. If you work for 2-3 years in positions showing increasing responsibility, and re-take the GMAT and improve your score, I think your odds will improve.

Best of luck
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

thanks 4 answering ..but

by sans074u » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:14 am
hi,
i thank u 4 a good positive answer...but after studyin ur forum's post on choosing mba program...i want to chose a program which would cost me around 25,000$-30,000$...and i dont want a heavy m.b.a program ..but a 2nd tier or a 3rd tier u.s urban m.b.a college......so plzz suggest me the possible colleges i can choose and the best among the criterian i mentioned above...

and i think u might have remembered my profile in the earlier post named ...plzz let me know....

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

Re: thanks 4 answering ..but

by mbaMissionJessica » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:30 am
Thanks for following up. Unfortunately I can't really help you; I am not that familiar with 2nd or 3rd tier programs.

Best of luck however.
sans074u wrote:hi,
i thank u 4 a good positive answer...but after studyin ur forum's post on choosing mba program...i want to chose a program which would cost me around 25,000$-30,000$...and i dont want a heavy m.b.a program ..but a 2nd tier or a 3rd tier u.s urban m.b.a college......so plzz suggest me the possible colleges i can choose and the best among the criterian i mentioned above...

and i think u might have remembered my profile in the earlier post named ...plzz let me know....
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php