Please help with admission advice and program fit!

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hey all,

Any advice, notes or suggestions would be really appreciated.

I am currently in my second year of teaching 8th grade Science in Jacksonville, FL. I teach at an inner-city school, and I am also a member of Teach For America. This year, I am the Science department head- leading and serving a group of 6 fellow teachers in this department. In addition to department chair, I am also the school's head soccer coach (boys) for the second year. I have also founded a peer mentoring group that enlists selected 8th graders to mentor 7th and 6th graders who lack good leadership. Lastly, in between my first and second year of teaching, I spent my summer working as a summer associate on a highly successful wealth management team for Barclays Wealth.

I want to attend a business school that will help me reach my goal of consulting in the nonprofit sector. Ideally, I would like to work for one of the big three consulting firms. I have taken the GMAT and scored a 680 with a 90 percentile verbal and a 54 percentile quant (mistimed my quant session and had to guess on 6 of last 7 questions). I am currently taking a prep class through Manhattan Prep and fully expect my score to increase to the 710-720 range. Please let me know if I have left off any other pertinent information. Thank you very much for your help.

Undergrad Info:
-Attended University of Georgia 2008-2012 : Major: Business GPA: 3.6 Major GPA: 3.8
-Founded and led for three years a youth group through my church. Started with 2 kids and eventually grew to 25.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply!

West