Please Help Me

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Help Me

by gmat_700 » Sun May 13, 2007 9:46 pm
Hello Everyone,
I am thinking to buy a complete set: 8 Manhattan GMAT Preparation Guides 2007 Ed.. In this forum, for most people the Manhattan Sentence Correction was good, but I never read that someone talk about other Manhattan books. Thus, please help me and let me know which other Manhattan books you have found helpful.

Please keep in mind that I have already bought the Princeton review ,Kaplan (did not find them helpful to me), and OG 11. Moreover, I already took GMAT two times and my highest score was 460 and my target score is around 580. Since I am very weak in critical reasoning and reading comprehensive, my strategy is to get higher point in the areas that I already doing okay such as PS, DS, and SC. Please Help me. Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Please Help Me

by beatthegmat » Sun May 13, 2007 9:50 pm
gmat_700 wrote:Hello Everyone,
I am thinking to buy a complete set: 8 Manhattan GMAT Preparation Guides 2007 Ed.. In this forum, for most people the Manhattan Sentence Correction was good, but I never read that someone talk about other Manhattan books. Thus, please help me and let me know which other Manhattan books you have found helpful.

Please keep in mind that I have already bought the Princeton review ,Kaplan (did not find them helpful to me), and OG 11. Moreover, I already took GMAT two times and my highest score was 460 and my target score is around 580. Since I am very weak in critical reasoning and reading comprehensive, my strategy is to get higher point in the areas that I already doing okay such as PS, DS, and SC. Please Help me. Thanks!
I don't have experience using the MGMAT materials myself (although I wish I had at least the SC book during my prep, in hindsight). If you do some searching in the Strategy forum as well as the Ask Manhattan GMAT forum, I think you will find some discussion on the other books from several months ago.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by itobean » Mon May 14, 2007 7:23 am
The Manhattan GMAT books are awesome! I've used them to study and they are great at "dumbing" it down and they have great suggestions on pretty much every topic!! Definitely a great and must buy! :lol:

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by fsar45 » Tue May 15, 2007 3:55 am
I wouldn't completely ignore RC and CR. Work on those as well, because those skills will come in handy as you pursue your MBA. Critical reasoning skills are important in a business career!