Please help - Gmat Prep!

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please help - Gmat Prep!

by flolehman » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:39 pm
Hello everyone,
I have about 15 years of industry exp in IT, Masters in comp Sci(3.96/4.0 GPA) all in USA.
I live in Chicago, about an hour drive from Booth and Kelloggs. Don't mind driving to Kellys or Purdue or even Ross school in Michigan.
Planning to attend evening or weekend MBA sometime summer/Fall 2018.
I took a sample test online and got about 400:(
I shall give about 15 hours per week for next 6 months. Is this enough to get a score of 700 which should be fine for above schools for an evening/weekend MBA.
Please guide me with any suggestions, plans to study, etc. its been 15 years I even touched any books:)

thanks,
flo

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:54 pm
Hi flo,

Raising a 400 to a 700+ will take some considerable effort and you'll have to make some big improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, you've given yourself plenty of time to study, which is good. Given this initial score, you would likely benefit from investing in a GMAT Course of some type (either Guided Self-Study or instructor-led), but you don't have to make any decisions about that either way just yet.

I have a few questions about your work so far:
1) What 'brand' of practice Test was this?
2) Was this a FULL CAT (with the Essay and IR sections included)?
3) What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for this Test?
4) Did you answer all of the questions or did you leave any unanswered?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]