Please grade: Analysis of Issue

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please grade: Analysis of Issue

by mandarchougule » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:07 pm
Many times it is said that an individual can be successful in career, if he or she learns to work in teams. In my opinion, the ability to work in teams is very important to be successful in the career. But this ability alone cannot guarantee success in the career.

The argument heavily depends on the fact that the success of the team depends on the synergy of the team. But even though the team work is essential, to make the synergy effective enough to reach the targets, it is essential that each contributing team member has enough intellectual quotient to perform the task at hand. The team of low individual performers coupled with strong teamwork will certainly have low chances of reaching the goal.
Another important aspect is that even though team may reach its goal, for an individual to be successful, he needs to consistently present his effectiveness in the given assignment to the management. Thus certainly the individual has to be excellent performer in the jobs assigned to him apart from managing the team work. The ability to work in the team environments focuses on the emotional quotient of the team. In my own experience I know a person who has been successful in beginning of his career, but could not continue his strides just because he lacked other much needed abilities. Thus a person may achieve success in the organization with the help of excellent networking and relationship management with peers as well as bosses. But certainly in the long term he needs to show case his talent to progress his career further.
Finally, there are many career options available which does not need an individual to work in team. The examples include Painters, Dancers and Sportsmen. The success of such people depends to a great extent on individual performance rather than team work. Certainly it was his expertise in playing Tennis that made Pete Sampras the best Tennis player in the world and not his team work.
To conclude to be successful an individual must have the ability to work in team environment. However there are other much needed factors that need to be taken care in order to be successful.

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 am
each contributing team member has enough intellectual quotient
verbose
The team of low individual performers coupled
too many adjectives
Another important aspect is that even though team may reach its goal
the team
Thus certainly the individual has to be excellent performer in the jobs assigned to him apart from managing the team work.
ease the sentence
The ability to work in the team environments
the should be removed

In my own experience I know a person who has been successful in beginning of his career, but could not continue his strides just because he lacked other
From my own experience or just my own experience
Certainly it was his expertise in playing Tennis that made Pete Sampras the best Tennis player in the world and not his team work.

Dont agree.Coach does matter.
To conclude to be successful an individual must have the ability to work in team environment. However there are other much needed factors that need to be taken care in order to be successful.
Weird sentence formation.

I feel you are a good writer and you will ease off the rust soon.
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by mandarchougule » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 am
Thanks! Can I know the score for this essay ?