Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:690

Please Evaluate my Profile

by sreak1089 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:00 am
Work Experience:

- 10+ Years in the IT Industry
- Working as Technology Architect in Infosys Technologies
- Providing consulting/architectural solutions to customers on Emerging technologies such as Cloud/Grid computing
- Technical Pre-sales Experience in Cloud/Grid Computing/Virtualization/IT Infrastructure
- 6 years of Software Development experience and 4 years of Architectural / Technical Consulting Experience
- Taken initiatives such as building Grid Computing Center of Excellence
- One of the Leads of the High Performance Computing and Cloud
- Experience working with US, European and Indian customers
- Leading a 10-member Product Engineering and Solution Assurance team - One of the very first Cloud computing projects
in Infosys.

GMAT : 690 (Q48 - 82 %ile, V36 - 78 %ile) - 88 %ile - AWA : 5.0

Academics:

Under Grad: BE Computer Science - 3.6 GPA (72.5%)
Pre-University College: 60.6%
Higher Secondary School: 78%

Extracurriculars:

- Actively work for an NGO
- Participated and conducted Blood donation and medical camps
- Adopted a village in India
- Work with local village leaders and understand their day to day problems
- Work with local village youth - mobilize them and help them improve their employability
- Conduct free computer classes for the village youth

Colleges Applying for:

Indian B-schools: ISB Hyderabad, E-PGP IIM Bangalore
European MBA: INSEAD, IMD
Asian Schools: NUS, Nayanang, HKUST

Post-MBA Plans:

Post-MBA plan to work for Technology companies such as Google, Amazon, CISCO or IBM and primarily on Cloud Computing products in Product Management/Sales role. Subsequently start my own Technology Consulting Company on Emerging Technologies in Emerging markets such as India.

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if it is competetive for the schools that I mentioned.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. Given the information you have shared, I think you can be competitive for admission at the schools on your list. However, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind as you craft your applications and essays.

First off, you have a bit more full time professional experience than the average MBA applicant. You will want to be sure to state your goals in such a way that it is clear to the adcom that now is the right time for you to pursue your MBA and therefore avoid them questioning why you didn't apply 5 years ago. Secondly, you seem to have quite a few extracurricular activities and from what I can tell, you have quite a bit of leadership and team skills from these activities. Be sure to strike a balance in your essays between professional/work related examples and those from your extracurricular activities. This is a great way to highlight your skill set while standing out in the applicant pool.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.