Please evaluate my chances of getting into Babson College

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
My GMAT score is 680 , an average score :(
I have 3 yr work experience in IT . My undergraduate degree is B.E.
From the college itself I had a Zeal of entrepreneurship inside me. We started a website which provides discounted deals in the city. We took it to several B-plan competitions but never got seeding money. We feeded it with our money, but besides doing well in our city ,failing to scale it in other cities we eventually quit and joined Infosys. Now the same idea is booming in india with dozen companies with big hands supporting them . Websites like snapdeal.com , fashionnyou.com are very popular and this bugs me now.
I believe Babson is a college suited to my needs.
As again I am into a moonlight business idea, but same problem of incubation is fearing.

I am falling in love with Babson. Please help me on following queries:

1. Is my GMAT score and profile suitable to compete for admissions in Babson.
2. I want a fellowship definitely , so please guide me on this.
3. Please introduce me to any good consultant to increase my chances of getting admission.
4. Do TOEFL score is mandatory or can be waived off ?
5. Any other colleges which I should consider.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by pawanjot on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 pm
Both are perfectly in range. Though the Indian range is a bit on the higher side.

This will require a lot of homework. Must be tried.

3. Please introduce me to any good consultant to increase my chances of getting admission.
You can reach our India head. Send me a mail.

Can be waived off depending on your language of education.

This will be based on your future goals, location preference post MBA etc. Get a complete profile evaluation done and then choose colleges based on your reach and choices.
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:56 pm
Dear pawanjot,

Absolutely. Every piece of your application is important though, so use each to your advantage. In particular, demonstrate through your essays why Babson is the right program for you in relation to your goals.

You will need to research the possibilities, and what, if anything, extra you need to provide or do. Fellowships/scholarships/assistantships are never a guarantee and more selective than admission, so this is another reason your application package must be stellar.

There are many consultants out there, so I encourage you to speak with several and research them before picking one. Many great consultants are on this forum, including my firm. Please visit our website at www.stacyblackman.com for details on pricing and services, as well as request a free consultation.

The TOEFL is usually mandatory for international applicants. You will need to contact Babson (or any other program) directly to determine if you need to take the exam.

There are many MBA programs in the world, but you want to target the ones that are the best match for you. Please visit our sticky on school selection in the Stacy Blackman sub-forum for some tips on identifying programs.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me