Please clarify this:

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Please clarify this:

by graghukalyan » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:54 am
Parents often criticize schools for not doing their jobs. Many blame schools for low student achievement scores. Surprisingly, the most frequent and vociferous complaints come from those who live in districts where the achievement scores are high. All of the following, considered individually, help to explain the apparent paradox EXCEPT:
A. Parents from districts of high achievers are very involved with the schools and are, therefore, more likely to make critical comments.
B. Parents have no knowledge of their district's own scores.
C. High scores cause parents' expectations to rise leading parents to demand that students achieve even more.
D. High-scoring districts contain low-achieving students whose parents are likely to complain when their children score below the local average.
E. Most complaints about schools come from political activists, most of whom live in high-achieving districts.

The OA is B
I boiled down my answers to B and E but then got this wrong.

Pls verify it with your approach.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by scoobydooby » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:59 am
we must find a choice that does not explain why the high scoring districts produce the most frequent complaints.

A, C and D explain why parents of high scoring districts complain more
E explains that most complaints come from political activists

B. if parents did not know of the district scores, then parents of high scoring district would not be complaining more than parents of low scoring district. doesnt help explain why the high scoring districts produce the most complaints.

hence, B

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by james33 » Sun May 15, 2016 8:19 pm
I believe the answer should be B