Followed by:1 members

Planning Schools list- GMAT 720

by pretz » Mon May 23, 2016 3:19 am
Dear Team,

Here's my brief profile:

Born and Raised: India
Total Years of Exp: 5.8 years
Education: Bachelors in Technolgy and Engineering
Volunteer: Volunteer Leader at an international professional association for 9 years. Travelled extensively for conferences and strategy meetings.

Pre-MBA
Current Location/Function/Industry: India/Service Delivery/Information Technology
Clients Served: One of the top 3 UK based pharma organization, UK based media and publishing company, Australia based airlines company

Post-MBA
Target Location/Function/Industry: UK, Netherlands, Western Europe, USA (California, Texas, New York)/Consulting/Internet or Technology

GMAT Score - 720 (Q49, V39)

Work: IT Service Delivery Operations, Promoted after 3 years of joining an organization. But the promoted role is to handle a huge team of 20 people. The organization I work for is in the top 5 services in India.

School: Not a top tier school, scored 76% - our scores are not calculated in GPAs. Studied computer science engineering. I was the class representative for consecutive 3 years. Volunteer leader at school as well and hosted nation level conference.

Volunteering: Very strong volunteering background. I have led large conferences and also was invited to participate in board level strategy meetings.

Schools I am targetting to apply: INSEAD (Primarily), European schools based on your suggestions about my profile and post-MBA goals.

Also, could you share the eligibility age? Is it too late to apply for a b school now?

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 am
Hi Pretz,
You've got a lot of great stuff here! Your GMAT is above the median for most of the top European MBA programs, and your age/seniority is not too high for INSEAD and other European schools. Some top US b-schools do tend younger, but your age would not be a deal-breaker there either. I am also seeing the potential for international business experience, although it's not clear to me if you have worked outside of India or just worked with UK and Australian clients. You mention traveling extensively, and hopefully that will show extensive international exposure as well.

Your rapid career progress and strong professional team leadership -- as well as community and university leadership -- will be the basis of your application, showing that you're top MBA material and differentiating you from others in IT. However, if your aim is to work in the US, you'll want to apply to US schools; European schools are better for post-MBA job placement in Europe and Asia. INSEAD, as you know, is strong in consulting, so it makes sense that this would be your top choice. I see no reason why you would not be competitive for INSEAD or other top European programs such as IE, IESE or Oxford.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me