Parallism

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

Parallism

by heshamelaziry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm
Within a cross-functional team environment, employees are exposed to a variety of perspectives; to see the concerns of other departments is starting to realize the importance of the entire company working together to achieve its goals.

A) .....

B) perspectives; to see the concerns of other departments is realizing the importance of the entire company working together to achieve its goals.

C) Perspectives; seeing the concerns of other departments is to start to realize the importance of the entire company working together to achieve its goals.

D) Perspectives; to see the concerns of other departments is to start realizing the importance of the entire company working together to achieve its goals.

E) Perspectives; seeing the concerns of other departments is to realize the importance of the entire company working together to achieve its goals.

[spoiler]OA D. OE says "because rules of parallel structures dictate that "to see" must be paired with "to start" ."
Why "to see" must be parallel to "to start" and not parallel to "to realize" for instance ? we have three verbs, but OE says only two verbs need to be parallel ????[/spoiler]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hitmewithgmat » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 am
"To see is to believe"
"seeing is believing"

I bet you heard of this proverb. each sentence is correct, by the way.

<to see the concerns of other departments is starting to realize the importance of the entire company working together to achieve its goals.>

Make it simple,
<To see .....is to start....>

There you have it.
Disclaimer-I am not a GMAT savvy yet, but I am learning everyday with my fellow beatthegmat citizens.

I AM DETERMINED TO CRASH/NIX OUT/ATTACK BRUTALLY/CRACK VERBAL PART OF GMAT. ROAR!