ONLINE MBA ??

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

ONLINE MBA ??

by Eastcoastrippa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 am
I have been working for a large construction company for about a year and a half now. My job causes me to travel A LOT but I am very interested in getting an MBA. I’ve done some research and found some schools that offer MBA programs online but was hoping to get some advice??

by jjm1181 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 am
If you get some advice let me know. I've been researching online programs too. I dont want to go to university of pheonix or schools that are like that because I feel like those degrees hold no weight. The best programs I've found online from traditional schools are:

Arizona State
Florida
George Washington
Babson
Indiana

by Eastcoastrippa » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:30 am
I agree with you on that one. Schools like Phoenix are not AACSB accredited and therefore hold little water.

Check out this link https://www.allbusinessschools.com/featured/onlinemba/

Also some of the schools require you to go to the campus on weekends or for weeks at a time… which can be tough if the school is on the opposite side of the country.

MBA Admissions Consultant

by MBAPodcaster » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:55 pm
I'd suggest checking out MBA programs in your area first. Many schools seem to offer "distance learning", they call it. And the best online programs usually have a residency requirement. It's a nice feature, I think. You get to meet your classmates and network.

Check out Business Week's "Rankings and Profiles" page. They have a "distance" tab and there are tons of online programs you can browse through.

Good luck!

Oh.. and we also did a podcast about online programs. Check it out. It covers the things you should think about when evaluating programs.
Janet
MBA Podcaster

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mbadrew » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:14 am
Watchout for "for profit schools" such as university of Phoenix and Walden university. Go with reputable universities that don't have stock options.

I'm in the San Francisco bayarea and I can recommend Golden Gate university online MBA program.

www.ggu.edu

thanks
D.

by wagoboy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:41 am
I picked up some information on the Global21 program and that seems to be a very well organized online MBA program. I think the biggest challenge with online MBAs would be getting yourself motivated enough to complete all the work to the best of your abilities. Personally one of the biggest reasons why I want to do a MBA is because it'll put me in an environment where I will be stimulated by my peers.