Number of schools to apply to and comparison of 2 schools

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi Stacy or Amy,

My first question is what is the recommended number of schools to apply to? I'm just starting my apps and the due dates are mostly Jan 1 to 10th. I currently would like to apply to 5.

Second question is whether you can provide any additional insight to help me decide between UVa (Darden) vs Yale to apply to? I'm intrigued by Yale's new curriculum that includes case studies and by Darden's entrepreneurship center, rigorous academics, and the Jefferson legacy. I am already applying to some very difficult schools and I'd like to pick a 5th school that I would have a slightly higher possibility of acceptance and is still academically solid. Any thoughts?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:07 pm
Hi Dpatwa,

Are you considering Darden or Yale for the 5th school? They are both academically solid and I don't think either is easier to get into. It sounds like you are leaning slightly towards Darden because of the factors you mention.

Most applicants apply to 4 to 6 schools - 5 is certainly reasonable. The most important factor is the range of schools you choose, to increase your chances of attending in the fall.

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting