Need Practice test suggestions

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need Practice test suggestions

by mollyrg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 pm
Hello,

I've completed PR-Cracking GMAT. Can you pls suggest me how to proceed further. Which practice tests should i give etc. Or should i start with OG 11? Where can i find the full-length CAT exam using the PowerPrep software? I'm planning to take the GMAT in first week of Feb.

Thanks,
molly

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by solaris » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:54 pm
Powerprep is now GMATPrep and can be downloaded from mba.com. There are supposedly older copies of the Powerprep program floating around on the internet.

Kaplan and Manhattan GMAT also let you take practice tests for free, just don't pay too much attention to the scores you get on those.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:680

by II » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:16 am
I would recommend that you download the GMATprep tests from mba.com. You have a chance to take 2 practice tests. I would recommend that you do one now.
Learn in which areas you need to strengthen.
Answer as many questions from OG11 as you can.
And then take the 2nd GMAT prep test.

the practice tests from mba.com are the closest to the real thing and will give you the best indicator of your performance. Other tests are also good for practice.
P.S. You should have some practice tests from Princeton as part of the Cracking the GMAT book, they offer a CD with a number of practice tests.

Good luck in Feb !