Need help for the upcoming exam

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need help for the upcoming exam

by peacemaker123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:54 am
Hello guys.
I have my exam scheduled for the 31st August. I aim for a score of 650 or above, but the highest result I have scored is 610 on the GMAT Prep. CAT 2. Is there a way to improve my result in the following days as I have made quite a jump from 440 to 610 , but now I am in a pinch and am quite stressed for the upcoming exam :S

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 am
It's possible you could score a 650+, but that only gives you less than 2 weeks to gain approx 50 pts. I suggest trying to do it with strategy and analyzing old questions rather than answering a million new ones.

Review the OG and the GMAT Prep questions thoroughly, re-taking as needed and re-emphasizing the concept behind each Q. I would try to identify 3 weak areas in Quant and work hard on them.

For Verbal, I'd focus on using your scratch pad and working intently on CR and RC strategy. Breaking down the passages and looking at the structure of the rhetoric. If you search BTG online, you can find a number of articles and posts I've written on CR and RC strategy.

Good luck!
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by peacemaker123 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:10 am
Thanks Vivian , but I had a bad luck with my exam. I'm writing about the experience of my first attempt on the exam in the other forum.