NEED GUIDANCE TO GET ADMISSION IN TOP B SCHOOL

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

NEED GUIDANCE TO GET ADMISSION IN TOP B SCHOOL

by kcs » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:43 pm
Hi, i am new to GMAT.I am planning to take GMAT next year.I have done my Masters in Public administration.I am associated with my family business for past 3 years.I would like to do MBA in top B SCHOOL. I LIKE TO TAKE MY GMAT IN AUGUST 2017 .MY PROFILE:

MPA_67%
3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN FAMILY BUSINESS
Can anyone please suggest me
a) The target GMAT SCORE I NEED TO GET FOR ENTERING TOP B SCHOOL
b)IS THIS WORK EXPERIENCE ENOUGH?
c)IS SUMMER OR FALL ADMISSION, WHICH IS GOOD?
d)IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT FOR MBA ADMISSION?AND WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AGE OF CLASS PROFILE IN TOP B SCHOOLS?
e)Anything i can do to make my profile look worthy?

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:05 am
kcs wrote:Hi, i am new to GMAT.I am planning to take GMAT next year.I have done my Masters in Public administration.I am associated with my family business for past 3 years.I would like to do MBA in top B SCHOOL. I LIKE TO TAKE MY GMAT IN AUGUST 2017 .MY PROFILE:

MPA_67%
3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN FAMILY BUSINESS
Can anyone please suggest me
a) The target GMAT SCORE I NEED TO GET FOR ENTERING TOP B SCHOOL
b)IS THIS WORK EXPERIENCE ENOUGH?
c)IS SUMMER OR FALL ADMISSION, WHICH IS GOOD?
d)IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT FOR MBA ADMISSION?AND WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AGE OF CLASS PROFILE IN TOP B SCHOOLS?
e)Anything i can do to make my profile look worthy?
Generally speaking, you want to be in the 700 range when applying to top schools, but of course, nothing is absolute in admissions. Try posting in the admissions consulting section for more specific advice: https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:21 am
Hi kcs,

As David pointed out, you're asking admissions-based questions, so speaking with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and application plans would be a good idea.

Since you're not planning to take the GMAT until NEXT August, does that mean that you plan to apply to Business School next Fall (Round 1 for most Schools)? If that's your plan, then you might consider studying for the GMAT (and taking the Test) earlier than August, 2017. GMAT scores are valid for 5 years, so you could study now (when you won't have to focus on your applications) and 'lock in' a strong GMAT score that you can use later on.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]