Need advise on gmat prep admission process

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi,

I took my GMAT today and got score of 650. verbal 34 and quant 47.

I studied verbal from og, 10,11,12,13 and kaplan premiere. I studied quant from OG 11,12, 13 and Kaplan premiere.

I'm an Indian and an engineer by qualification with 7 yrs of experience but all in IT sales. I have always been on the business side.

I wanted to know if I should target ISB hyderabad or any other top 20 b school with this score or should i take the gmat again in ext 2 months and apply in R2.

In case i should be taking GMAT again can anyone suggest me the right course to opt for because i want to cross the 750 barrier.

Would appreciate inputs

Regards

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by manasgoswami1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 am
Also i wanted to know if i'll be at any disadvantage while applying in b schools across.

tx

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:36 am
You might want to post your question here:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-applicat ... s-f44.html

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by Sophia007 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am
Greetings!

90% of my candidates are generally in your boat! :)

1. Plan to take GMAT again.
2. Definitely apply to ISB but 650 will not cut it unless you plan to write a stellar application.
3. With this score you do qualify for International MBA programs in Europe/US and Asia...(unless you are applying and want to get into Harvard/Wharton then its a different matter).

Please don't limit yourself. Apply to all your dream schools first (realistically speaking!) then pick the option that will work the best for you once you have their offer. Spread your wings and you'd be amazed what you are capable of and please do me a favor - just because you are Engg and in IT - don't let the world tell you that you are just like others. Yes - the competition is tough but everyone is unique! You are no less! Sometimes people just need a helping hand to point out from their perspective because you're just so used to doing things day-in and day-out. Keep up your spirit, be yourself and you'd be surprise all that you have to offer!

Please send me an email if you have further questions or need any help. I'm generally not active on forums during application/ admission season.

Good Luck for your application. I wish you only the best! :)
Sophia Pathak| Admissions Consultant |

If my post was helpful, let me know by pushing the thanks button.:) Please free to directly email me at [email protected]. ANY questions are welcome! check out what others have to say about their experience with me https://mymbamentor.com/?page_id=31