Need advice ..

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Need advice ..

by syr » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 am
My profile - Indian/IT-7yrs/Female with a GMAT scrore of 650. And I am planning to apply for b-schools this year.

My target schools are Duke/Cornell/McCombs.

I am not gaining a lot from my current job and have considered leaving my job altogether and solely concentrating on applying for schools and pursue my other interests.

How much of a weightage being in a job carries while applying for B schools ? Also, with my current profile is it advisable to apply for Duke's Early Round ?

Thoughts/ suggestions are welcome.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:25 am
Good questions. You will actually stand out as a female in that industry, as the Indian IT pool is 99% male. It would actually be better if you were employed when you apply and interview. Being unemployed, while not uncommon in this environment, might raise questions about your motivation for b-school and general drive/ambition. Definitely do the Duke early admit offer if you can get your application done in time--they will give preferrential treatment to you as long as you promise to go there if offered a seat. Hope this helps.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by syr » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:52 pm
Thanks a lot Bryant!
And yes you were definitely helpful ! :)

-syr