My CEIBS Experience

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

My CEIBS Experience

by dhirajdas53 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:50 pm
My CEIBS Experience

Hi, I am Dhiraj, 1st year MBA student at CEIBS. I am the first full time MBA student at CEIBS from Nepal. I have 5 years of working experience in IT consulting company both in a technical and management position. I choose CEIBS because I wanted to work in Asia and I didn't find any better school than CEIBS.

You might have heard lots about CEIBS and its offering. You can also check CEIBS website (https://en.ceibs.edu) for more information. But, I would like to talk more about my experience. When I first came to CEIBS, I was very delighted to see students from various parts of the world. I enjoyed case based lectures, especially class discussion and hearing from friends what they have to say. I always had a firm opinion but I realized that it's equally true for others. I enjoyed playing soccer at CEIBS ground, brainstorming cases with friends, going out for street noodles, and night-life at Bund.

Typical day at CEIBS is to prepare case study before 9 am class, attain lecture and participate in case discussion. After lecture, you need to seat with your team and work on case assignment. First two terms are rigorous and I often had to wake up till mid-night to finish case assignment. In addition, I also had to attain club event and attain sharing session from executive and company representatives.

At CEIBS I not only learned about business but also discovered myself, strength and weaknesses, interests etc. In my previous company, I was PMO (Program Management Officer) and I managed team of 60 people. However, I had difficulties in managing cross cultural team of 5 people. Now, I am confident that I can manage cross-cultural team. I believe MBA is more about managing people and being able to work with them. I learned to be more pro-active, assertive and clear in giving my opinion and at the same time being respectful to others opinion.
Professor at CEIBS are very friendly and listen to you and give you honest opinion. I enjoy talking to them and sharing my opinion. It really helped me be more realistic and think from different angles.

Lots of case competitions happen in CEIBS, mostly group case competition. I participated in Hult competition and learned lots through the process, especially investors' reaction to your business plan and team. I learned the importance of team and every small detail in business plan. I have also been part of entrepreneurship boot camp that helped me to know more about entrepreneurship.

I still have one more year and I am looking forward to enlarge my CEIBS experience.

So far it's been a great journey. I will be happy to help you with your query. You can write me @ddhiraj.m17@ceibs.