MLT MBA Prep 2018

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by beatinggmats » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:42 pm
Hey AspiringBanker, good to hear you got a interview request. The process honestly wasn't that bad, it is a video response for 6-7 questions and you get 2 chances to record your response each time. The software essentially reads off a question and you have to respond immediately. After that response, you can look over the video and either submit it or reshoot the response one time. You have no limit (that I noticed) between the first and the second run. I would shoot the first one as required, then look over my response, reorganize my thoughts for 1-3 minutes, then reshoot the response for the second run. Questions were the expected interview questions: strength/weakness, your general plan for the next year leading up to Bschool and what you will do if you don't get your first choice, and a few other questions I cant remember.

Honestly wasn't bad at all, good luck and I hope you 2nd rounders don't have to wait as long as us 1st rounders to receive a response - we're still waiting until early December to get the yes/no.

FYI: For anyone waiting on the interview request make sure to check your spam/etc email folders, I almost missed the deadline because I never saw the interview request until the day before it was due.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by AspiringBanker » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:58 pm
Hey beatinggmats, thanks for the advice. Just submitted my interview and I am not feeling too good about it. I ran out to time on one the questions due to nerves. Hopefully my application packet carries more weight than the interview. Back to GMAT studying.

by JMBA » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:16 am
Good luck to Round 1 applicants today! I was accepted via email a few days back so I look forward to meeting all of you soon!

by CG123 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:22 am
I also received an acceptance email earlier this week! Best of luck to those still waiting. Look forward to meeting you all soon!

by beatinggmats » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:33 am
I'm in as well, got the acceptance Wednesday night, great to finally be done with the wait.

by mba2017dallas » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:11 pm
congrats! I hope to join you guys soon.

I'm on the wait list :-(. Any advice?

by asipringMBA2325 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:13 am
mba2017dallas wrote:congrats! I hope to join you guys soon.

What did your email say?

I got an email on Wednesday and it was very cryptic. No official decision was in the email as I haven't submitted my official GMAT yet.

by harlem123 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:06 am
is anyone still waiting to hear back on Round 1 decisions? I thought we were supposed to be notified by Dec. 9

Thanks!

by beatinggmats » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 am
Harlem, check your junk-email folder. I think that everyone who applied first round heard back on last Thursday/Friday. If you applied after the 1st round deadline, you will probably not hear back until the second round people hear back.

by FutureIssaRae » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:03 pm
asipringMBA2325 wrote:

What did your email say?

I got an email on Wednesday and it was very cryptic. No official decision was in the email as I haven't submitted my official GMAT yet.
I'd like to know what the waitlist email said as well.

I believe the cryptic email is what they call "conditional status" which means you aren't rejected/waitlisted/accepted - essentially they like you but need to see the GMAT score before making an official decision. I'd imagine if you apply with a 650+ "GMAT ready" score it's almost a sure thing once you've passed the conditional threshhold. And if you apply with a 500-650 with a clear plan of action to getting GMAT ready I'd assume you're fine as well. I think they're trying to sift out lower range scorers who have no feasible path to a solid top school 80% range score. I do know some folks were outright rejected for Round 1 so I'm going to optimistically take my conditional non-decision as a good sign since I'm tracking towards 650+ by Jan 15.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone still waiting!

by asipringMBA2325 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:42 pm
FutureIssaRae wrote:
asipringMBA2325 wrote:

What did your email say?

I'd like to know what the waitlist email said as well.

I believe the cryptic email is what they call "conditional status" which means you aren't rejected/waitlisted/accepted - essentially they like you but need to see the GMAT score before making an official decision. I'd imagine if you apply with a 650+ "GMAT ready" score it's almost a sure thing once you've passed the conditional threshhold. And if you apply with a 500-650 with a clear plan of action to getting GMAT ready I'd assume you're fine as well. I think they're trying to sift out lower range scorers who have no feasible path to a solid top school 80% range score. I do know some folks were outright rejected for Round 1 so I'm going to optimistically take my conditional non-decision as a good sign since I'm tracking towards 650+ by Jan 15.

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone still waiting!
That's good to hear. When do you plan on taking your GMAT? I still need more time to prepare.

by ml00181 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm
I havent gotten an email either. Checked my spam folders. Even called them. No clue whats going on :(

by canders » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:02 pm
The waitlist email was titled "MBA Prep Admissions Decision". It stated that they will reassess my application in late January or February.

by beatinggmats » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:04 pm
If you haven't gotten an email yet, I would go to your ml4t.fluidreview page where you submitted the application and see if the page has changed. While you're there double check the email address you have on file.

I know that the fluidreview page changed for the people who got accepted (has added extra steps like submitting official transcripts, pledge, etc).

If that doesn't give an answer, I would think about sending the MLT team an email/call to see if there is an issue (maybe your package is in the round 2 pile for some reason), there are a few admittance steps that are "required" by 31 Dec ("No exception") so I would definitely try to figure it out sooner rather than later.

by AspiringBanker » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:23 am
Hi, I understand the page changes for applicants that were accepted. For the video submission page, does that update for views for those applicants who are waiting to hear a decision? I submitted a video file and loaded into the application.