MGMAT Statergy Guide vs. Online Tests

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

MGMAT Statergy Guide vs. Online Tests

by enniguy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:42 am
Hi,

I found out from the MGMAT website that it costs $39 to buy 6 online CAT tests, which is free with a Strategy Guide, which costs about $20. I am confused about the price difference here. Could you please clarify?

I personally want to purchase all the CAT tests and the strategy guide.

Also, I have assumed that I can buy Strategy guide anywhere in India, and register on MGMAT website with some code printed in the book to get all the 6 online CATs. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Finally, is there any limitations on the number of times that I can take these tests?

Thanks much in advance.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:59 am
Hi enniguy,

The price difference is due to the fact that before recently, students could not receive automatic access to their CAT Exams upon purchasing their Strategy Guides. Hence, the immediacy of gaining CAT access for the online item was the reason for the price differential. However, now that it's not the case, we might want to look into changing the prices around.

Don't worry, though - you'll still gain access to our 6 CAT exams with the purchase of any or all our Strategy Guides.

You can certainly buy our books in India and activate them later using a code found in the inside back cover of the book. Here are two booksellers authorized to sell our Strategy Guides in India:

BOOKZONE
172, D.N.RD.,
FORT, MUMBAI - 400 001
INDIA
# 91 22 22054616/ 17
EMAIL: [email protected]
www.bookzone-india.com

GOELS COMPUTER HUT
126,BUDHWAR PETH,
PUNE-411002
MAHARASHTRA
INDIA
TEL: +91-20-24451958 / 59
Mob: 09890789550
E-Mail: [email protected]

Finally, you can take our tests up to any number of times. Remember, though, we only have enough questions in our Question Pool for 6 CAT exams. Hence, if you were to retake the tests, you would see some of the same questions, which would cause your overall score to become less accurate and overinflated.

Let me know if you need anything else. Good luck studying!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628