Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:680

MGMAT Practice Tests - Quant

by beatthegmatinsept » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:28 am
Hello -

So I have been focussing really hard on Quant, went through all the MGMAT Study guides except Fractions I think (Study Guide 2). I have been taking practice tests and score a lowest of 44 and highest of 46 on Quant.

I have heard MGMAT Quant is harder than the actual GMAT, but would like to know what a 46 on MGMAT Quant would translate into on the actual GMAT?

Also, I am not taking any other practice tests (except the ones on MBA.com).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
PT.
Being defeated is often only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:680

by beatthegmatinsept » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:13 am
MGMAT experts.. any help?
Being defeated is often only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Official Company Rep

by mgmat-caitlin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:44 am
Hi,

Thanks for using our materials!

We have heard from students that our quant section is a bit more difficult than the GMAC test, but in terms of a calibrated difference, since we do try to make our test as close to the actual exam as possible, it would be difficult to give you an exact number. What I would suggest is to take one of the GMAT Prep tests (the ones on mba.com) and see how your score compares. Then, you can use that difference to think about your score differential.

I can also tell you that whereas the actual GMAT has a standard deviation of around 30 points, our tests tend to have a standard deviation of around 50 points, so you can also take that into account when analyzing your score.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't worry so much about the specific number. Instead, I would make sure to use the analysis tools that we provide with our tests to see where your strengths and weaknesses lie. This would help you study and improve your overall skills so that your ability level will improve. This article is particularly helpful in analyzing your test: https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/e ... -part1.cfm

Best wishes,
Caitlin
Caitlin Clay
Student Services, Manhattan GMAT