MGMAT CATs

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

MGMAT CATs

by the nona » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 am
What is the average score variation between MGMAT CATs and GMAT Prep tests ? usually a higher or lower variation?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:46 pm
I do not think that you can say definitely for any unofficial test. I would say, however, that from what I have seen those tests might score a little lower on average. They are thought to be fairly difficult...
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:730

by vomhorizon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 am
I have taken most of the major simulated tests , Kaplan, Veritas, MGMAT. All three do a fairly good job at providing "Gmat Like" questions. As far as MGMAT is concerned, the quant is tough, and clearly a notch (or two) above the real thing or gmat prep. Having said that, their scoring was not much off in my case (compared to my actual score). My last 2 MGMAT CAT's i scored a 670 and 690 (Q43 and Q45). On the actual test i scored a 680 (Q44) so it was smack in the middle of the two. GMAT prep works the best for most people but in my case it over scored me by a good 50 points. However i would still think that GMAT prep is the best bet for Verbal, and quant on the real test is slightly tougher (although similarly written)...Many people have said that GMAT FOCUS is a better test for GMAT simulation (current quant standard), I have not tried that so cannot comment.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." - Eric Thomas