med school grad planning to enter B school

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

med school grad planning to enter B school

by docxyz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:22 pm
HI
I am a med school grad and planning to enter mba in health care.
I am in the process of finding out the schools offering the degree i am looking for.

Kindly let me know any info regarding the list of schools and deadlines.
I have a question abt GMAT. If i apply to the schools later on , after i get the score rather than deciding 5 schools prior to the exam, do the schools get to know the number of attempts i made at the gmat.

I also want to know if i get a score and when i retake the exam to better the score, i end up scoring lesser than the score prior. what happens next?.I mean do i get to keep the higher score .?
Thanks for your time and input in advance.
A noble doc

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
docxyz wrote:HI
I am a med school grad and planning to enter mba in health care.
I am in the process of finding out the schools offering the degree i am looking for.

Kindly let me know any info regarding the list of schools and deadlines.
I have a question abt GMAT. If i apply to the schools later on , after i get the score rather than deciding 5 schools prior to the exam, do the schools get to know the number of attempts i made at the gmat.

I also want to know if i get a score and when i retake the exam to better the score, i end up scoring lesser than the score prior. what happens next?.I mean do i get to keep the higher score .?
Thanks for your time and input in advance.
A noble doc
Hi Doc:

I've actually never seen a business school ranking list for healthcare specialties. Here's a thread I recommend you check out to get a sense of the other rankings that do exist: https://www.beatthegmat.com/viewtopic.php?t=3265

With regard to your question about multiple GMAT attempts--business schools will be able to see all the GMAT attempts you've made within the last five years. Most schools will only consider your highest score, but you should confirm that by checking out their websites, or calling...

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: med school grad planning

by brkthruprtnrs » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:46 am
The schools will indeed take the higher score. In fact, Tuck will go one step further and take the highest verbal score from one test and the highest quant score from another test.

Keep in mind that the GMAT is not a 'make or break' type of metric, it is more of a 'check the box' metric. They want to know that you have what it takes to succeed in their program, meaning that if they start discussing Compound Annual Growth Rates, you'll understand the concept within a minute or two, and won't sideline the discussion for 10 minutes while they have a math lesson. Secondly, it is important for them to keep their average GMAT scores up, so they want applicants who have good scores.

Good luck,
Seema Kumar
Co-Founder
Breakthrough Partners
"MBA Admissions Experts for aspiring Indian applicants."
www.breakthroughpartners.net
[email protected]